Frequently Asked Questions
- Ensure all Duos that you want to connect together are in Away Wi-Fi Mode with the Away Wi-Fi Mode LEDs solid green.
- To make one Duo the “master hub” to connect other Duos, long press the Mode button. The Away Wi-Fi Mode button should begin flashing green indicating that your Duo is beaconing its Wi-Fi signal to other Duos or PERI speakers. When the “master hub” Duo stops beaconing, the Away Wi-Fi LED will turn solid green.
- To connect other Duos as “slaves” to the “master hub” Duo, double-press the Mode button on these “slave” Duos while in Away Wi-Fi Mode. The Away Wi-Fi Mode button should begin flashing blue indicating that the Duo is connecting to the “master hub”. When the Duo connects to the “master hub”, the Away Wi-Fi LED will turn solid blue.
- Now, download the PERI Audio app from iTunes and use the app to play your music to this connected group of Duos!
- Ensure all Duos that you want to connect together are in Home Wi-Fi Mode connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The Home Wi-Fi Mode LEDs should all be solid blue.
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Duos.
- Open the PERI Audio app. Click on the button that says “Start New Group” to create a new group of speakers. In this window, you should see all the available speakers on your network. Select one speaker to become your “master hub” speaker. Click on other individual speakers to join them to the group, or select the “join all free speakers” tab from the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner.
- Click “Next” at the bottom of the screen and then select “Local Content” to access music on your iPhone. Once you select a song, you should be returned to the Now Playing screen where you can control volume and playback functions.
- To control volume on individual speakers, click on the “Speakers” tab at the lower left of the Now Playing screen.
- To select a new song our music source, click on the “Sources” button in the lower right side of the Now Playing screen.
Yes! Please email email@example.com if outside of the U.S. if interested in purchasing the Duo.
Will it save your phone from bumps and bruises? Yes. Will it save your phone from shattering if you run it over with your car? No. The Duo is meant to provide protection from the regular day-to-day use your phone sees, but we don’t recommend letting your pet elephant play with it.
As long as your Duo is powered on, any audio that is played through your phone will be broadcasted to the case via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Phone calls, streaming music, videos, even movies or TV shows. The possibilities are endless, get creative!
Absolutely, we encourage it. With the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology we incorporated into the Duo case, you can easily place the Duo across the room and continue to control your music from your phone. You can take advantage of the Duo’s Wi-Fi capability by streaming music via AirPlay. Android users can play their music on your Duo using their Peer-to-Peer Wi-Fi function or via Bluetooth.
Yes, you can even use it to amplify a conference call. The speaker does not affect the microphone, making the Duo a perfect in-office accessory.
Let’s put it this way, your parents and neighbors won’t love how loud you can crank it. But if you absolutely need metrics, the Duo is capable of cranking out up to 110 decibels – almost as loud as a night club! We have designed the Duo to bring the party anywhere you have your phone.
Unlike most wireless speakers which ONLY use Bluetooth, the Duo is the first that lets you stream over Wi-Fi, translating into a richer and clearer audio experience. If you’re using an iOS device, the Duo uses AirPlay to let you stream your Lossless tunes, ensuring the highest fidelity of wireless audio. Enjoy your music the way it was meant to be heard!
The Duo can be charged with a micro USB charger. The Duo can be separate from or attached to your phone while it is being charged.
If the Duo is attached to your phone, a simple press of the power button will turn the speakers on and let your music flow through the Duo’s high powered speakers. If it’s not on the back of your phone, you or your friends can easily connect to the Duo through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth tethering. Anyone can play their music through your Duo!
Our patent-pending “slide-guide” design lets you easily charge your phone from the Duo speaker case. Simply slide the switch to green begin juicing up your phone or slide to red to the charging process.
PERI designs high-end solutions combining the latest Wi-Fi, audio and power technologies and cutting-edge design – the Duo is no different. The Duo is a high-power standalone speaker that delivers stereo sound doubling as a phone charging case. The WiFi and Bluetooth v4.0 connectivity maximizes audio quality to deliver the highest fidelity music. Created with on-the-go lifestyles in mind, the Duo is the 21st century successor to the 80’s boombox – letting you bring the party wherever you go.